Saturday, October 27, 2012

Small Talk

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I didn't seem to get any really feedback on my themed blogs so I figure I will just blog often about random thoughts. Maybe you all will enjoy it.

Weather

Well today is going to be one of the coolest days we've had here in a while. I love cool weather. My motto is I would much rather it be cold than hot because if I'm cold I can bundle up, but if I'm hot, well, I just can't take off enough clothes (and be decent, that is). LOL! Well I love the cool weather that is coming our way. It doesn't last long here in south Alabama, but when it comes it is a blessing.

Check out our forecast for the week:

Saturday, October 27 A mix of sun and clouds in the day with a small rain chance. Most stay dry. Much colder and breezy. With a high at 69°. Temperatures dropping at night through the 50s. Windy.

Sunday, October 28 Breezy and much cooler. Highs in the mid 60s, lows in the lower 40s.

Monday, October 29 A chilly start. Highs in the low 60s, lows in the upper 30s.

Tuesday, October 30 Still a chill in the air. Some spots could have morning frost. Highs in the low 60s, lows in the mid 30s.

Wednesday, October 31 Bright sunshine. Still chilly, though. Highs in the mid 60s, lows in the upper 30s.

Thursday, November 01 Some sun, some clouds. Still cool.  Highs in the upper 60s, lows in the upper 30s.

Friday, November 02 Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

Saturday, November 03 Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

Sunday, November 04 Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

Monday, November 05 Scattered showers. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the upper 40s.

Family Update

Well Granny stayed with us until this past Tuesday when she decided to officially move out. She left us at about noon. It's been almost eery quiet around our house. That can be a good thing though. It's just strange.

Tuesday evening the DH and I had date night. We attended the Troy University Percussion Ensemble Preview Concert. They are the winners of the 2012 Percussive Arts Society International Percussion Ensemble Competition. This was an awesome hour long concert. Although we ate dinner at home I asked my DH if he would like to go for coffee at McDonalds afterward. He agreed. I have been playing the 2012 McDonalds Monopoly game and we had a few coupons. We got a Very Berry Small Smoothie, a Rolo McFlurry, a Medium Fry, and a Small Coffee all for only $1.09. Whoo, Hoo! We ended up seeing some family in there that we had not seen in a while. We talked to them for about an hour.

We cleaned house on Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon. I worked on Wednesday night. Friday I paid bills and all that jazz and began my long work weekend (as I like to call it).



A Happy Holiday

So DH and I have decided to have Thanksgiving at our house. If we are invited last minute to mom and dad's or his uncle's we may go but I am still cooking at home. We are still deciding about what to do for Christmas. I love Christmas time. My birthday is on Christmas Day so obviously it is my favorite time of the year. We don't currently celebrate Halloween; however,when we decide to have children we may let them participate.

Dreaming...

I was looking at Walmart.com. They have great bundles online this time of year. I just wish I had a nice sized budget so that I could invest in those bundles. They currently have Inspirations for Man Caves on the site. I so wish that I could buy a small building for my DH to use as his personal space. He wants some fitness equipment, he is a fantastic drummer, and he piddles with guitar some. He loves sports, especially football. He needs a place to keep his tools. I know he gets bored having to be quiet in the house all day while I sleep. When I was younger I spent some time as a friend's house. Her family had built a game room in a metal building behind their mobile home. They had darts, pool, ping-pong, basket ball, and a TV/movie area it was really nice. They had it decorated with Coca-Cola signs and such. That is what I would like for him.

Well that's what is new. I hope to post some new pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!