Thursday, December 6, 2012

19 Days Until Christmas: Update from the Hill

Hello blog readers,
I am so sorry that I haven't had more regular posts. I have been very busy with Thanksgiving and family happenings. While I sip on my hot tea let me update you.

Family Update:

Having a rough day. It appears I have "caught the crud"...Woke up with it this morning. It seems most of the junk in my head and chest is out now with instillation of warm liquids, hot bath, and a warm rice bag on my chest most of the day. I still, however, have the sore throat. I've had a headache all day, but not my normal migraine-THANK YOU, JESUS. I believe my headache is related to all the coughing. Headache is beginning to ease off. I'm at work and luckily I don't have to talk very much at work. I've seen one person since I've been here  and had one phone call and it will probably be quiet until around 5 AM. On another note, my DH's brother and his wife of 19 years filed for divorce just before Thanksgiving. This has been difficult on their two daughters, the oldest is 13 & youngest is 3. Please keep them in your prayers. My father-in-law has his own place ready now and is staying at his place all the time. It is officially just the two of us, DH and I. It's nice to have our home to ourselves. Although, it is awful quiet there has been less nagging, fussing, and tempers lately. It's been a very peaceful place to come home to. Mom, Dad, and Brother came for Thanksgiving. We had a wonderful day eating up way too much delicious food. I should not have cooked so much.

Getting Ready for Christmas

One of my favorite things is Christmas. I love listening to Christmas music, making popcorn garlands for the tree, decorating the house, and all that jazz. We were given a 6ft. Christmas tree, ornaments, and lights from a friend. It is so beautiful. There are no presents under it and may not be this year, but I believe it is better to get back to the basics anyway. Christmas is not all about the gifts it's about spending time with each other and celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ. I will update post with pictures soon.

 

Simple but Elegant Christmas Decorations 

Follow Me on PinterestI would like to share with you some Simple, but Elegant Christmas Decorations I have found and created. Click the picture to go to the How-To.

Pinned Image
 

snowman out of wreaths. My theme for Christmas 2012 is...Let It Snow...Last year I made Paper Snowflakes to put in all my windows...This year I think I'm going all out. Blue, Silver, and White...Snowmen...more snowflakes...etc....      Pinned Image     Pinned Image      

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!