Friday, May 24, 2013

Work Stuff

Tonight, I arrived at work and about 30 minutes after being there a couple walks in. The woman is really nice she books the room without question. The man with her complains about the rate. My hands are tied when it comes to the rate. I give them a discount as they requested and he is still complaining. I check them in then check in another couple. A few minutes later both couples go to their room. The guy with the first couple comes down after about 10 minutes complaining about the room temperature. He talks to me like I can control it. I know he probably thinks I have more control than I do but unfortunately my hands are tied. Empowerment is not something that my manager believes in. Therefore, I responded, "Sir, unfortunately there is nothing I can do about that other than speak to my manager about it. I will speak to him though." He responds, "Please do because that's just not good business right there." It really frustrates me when people come to me about things out of my control. I want to help them and solve all their problems, but that is often not something I can do.

What are you to do when your hands are tied at work; your manager doesn't take suggestions from employees; and your consumers are upset with you because they think you can change the system?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!