Wednesday, November 20, 2013

My Life Purpose???

For the last few months I have become overly frustrated. I am frustrated because I have realized that I have spent all this money getting a Bachelors degree and I have yet to use it in a career. Today I found a video on You Tube entitled "How to Know Your Life Purpose in 5 Minutes..." It really was an inspiring video.

Adam Leipzig, the speaker, said that he went to a reunion at Yale and about 80% of the people at the reunion had still not discovered their life purpose. He said that the 20% of those who knew their life purpose could answer 5 simple questions.

  • Who are you?
  • What do you love to do?
  • Who do you do it for?
  • What do those people want or need?
  • How does what you do benefit or change those people as a result?
So I thought about those questions for a moment. Here is what I come up with.
I am Kaitlin. I love to research about education, nutritional health, and  general wellness. I do it for myself first, my family and friends second. These people all need to know the truth about the current educational and nutritional system and the lies we as a society have been told. I want to uncover these truths to improve their quality of life. If they follow the advice I give more than likely they will gain outstanding health and wellness as well as an improved quality of life through knowledge and application. 
 
Here's the fun part. Now, that I understand this is what I love to do how do I apply it in my life to make it a career? Who will hire me for my knowledge and research skills? Do I need to start my own business? How do I do that with insufficient income? If I do start a business how do I incorporate my ideas to help others? I've thought about becoming a Health and Life Coach and there are online schools out there to enhance my skills but I can't afford them and they don't accept financial aid. Where do I go from here?
 
I would love to here your comments on this issue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!