Friday, December 14, 2012

Graduation Day

As I graduate from Troy University today, I am reminded of all those that have helped me get to this point in my life.  I have had a lot of people come into my life and teach me great things. I would like to take an opportunity to thank all the amazing people who have helped develop me into the woman I am today; even imperfect, have you.







Thanks to my wonderful parents who brought me into this world and raised me the best way they knew how. Thanks you for allowing me to grow while being under your watchful care. Thanks for being an ear to listen, an encouraging word, a warm hug, a strong hand, a hopeful outlook, a concerned parent. I love you both; and even when I don't agree with everything you do or have done I still and always will look up to you.

Thanks to my teachers, who were a guiding light in a dark world. You helped shape me. You helped me to take opportunities to learn in full stride and never give up. You all taught me to read, write, and work through complex problems using my wonderful God given critical thinking skills. You were tough only to make us better. Thank you for not backing down and loving your jobs. You must love them because most of you are still teaching today.

Thank you to my grandparents, who taught me right from wrong, morals, and how to be the best person I can be. Thank you for fearing God and raising my parents so that they could raise me. Although God has allowed some of you to go home to be with Him (I miss you greatly and wish you were here) know that you still were important in my life and I'm grateful that I was able to spend quality time with you. And thank you to my other family members who have played an essential role in my up bringing: aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.
Thank you to my pastors-former and present, you have shown me the way God wants me to live and from your teachings I have learned that His ways are most definitely better than ours. I have not always been the perfect Christian and I'm sure that some have viewed me as a hypocrit, but God is still working on me and one day I will be perfect in His sight.

Thank you to my friends and classmates along the way. You all have been a rock when I was weak, great study partners, and a shoulder to lean on when everything would fall apart. Thanks for helping brighten my days, tell me I was wrong, and help me understand.

And a special thank you to my husband. Chris, you are a friend like no other. You have seen me struggle, you have seen me succeed, you have witness me want to give up, and you have witnessed me thrive. Thank you for being there no matter what. I love you and without you in my life I don't know what I would do. I know that everything does not always run as smooth as we would like it and it's totally frustrating but you have helped me in ways that you will never know. You were always the best practice dummy while I was in nursing school, you have been the best listener since I have changed my major, you are awesome at getting things done when I'm exhausted, and you are wonderful on days when I've had all I can take. You've seen me at my worst and at my best and loved me just the same. Thanks for being a shoulder to cry on, a friend to laugh with, and an honest opinion (even when I didn't want it). Thanks for pushing me to do my best (even if it turned out to be not good enough). Although words cannot describe how grateful I am for you, I appreciate you and all you do. Things will get better with time and don't ever stop loving me.

To all my readers, thanks for reading my blog. You are awesome for doing so. Keep reading and let me know what you think. Sorry my posting has been on the fritz lately. God bless you all and may you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!